Though summer hasn’t officially started, I believe I need to remember last summer. It is a must.
Our story begins with the sun. The sun was shining brilliantly, and I was ready to get off the bus. The last time I’d get off that bus during that school year. I was overjoyed that school was taking a break!
That day was followed by many days of video-making, listening to music under the trees, and thinking about the celebrity that I pretty much loved. His name is Taylor Lautner. It is unknown why I liked him so much, he seemed like a nice guy I guess. But I was crazy for him. I wished to meet him. The anklet that currently rests on my ankle was tied on with the wish of meeting him.
Anyway, there were a number of songs that played over the course of the summer, that I’d like to share with you:
- Bella’s Lullaby by Carter Burwell: I often fell asleep to this song. Technically, it’s a “musical piece”, not a “song”, but it still means a lot. I listened to it when I felt like I was falling in love.
- Music is My Boyfriend by Skye Sweetnam: This song was played when I was mad at myself. A lot of times I felt very pathetic, so this song was like medicine to help relieve the pain.
- Sharada by Skye Sweetname: This was my theme song. I wanted to be an individual. It still continues to be a song I really like.
- Heartbeat by Stereo Skyline: I still listen to this song! It’s really good! But this is the theme song I have for that summer in general. I think “Uptown, Get Around” will be this summer’s theme song!
- I’ll Meet You There by Owl City: I had only heard the begining synth part to this song at the time, but the significance of it was that it reminds me of simming, because my sister put it on our Sims 2 game. I always thought it was a Metro Station song, since my sister put a lot of Metro Station on our game. Anyway, I was amazed when I heard the entire thing months later.
- Collapsed by Aly and AJ: This song came in towards the end of the summer. During the end of the summer, I switched from practically loving a celebrity to practically loving a YouTuber, so references to this song get mixed up in my head.
- Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas: This song my sister and I found by watching FierceCo, a YT channel run by two boys. This song was a dance song, and reminds me of how she’d force me to watch FierceCo and The Station with her. Which leads me to the next song…
- Hello Seattle by Owl City: My sister and I found this song through FierceCo as well. Though she knew about Owl City beforehand, and I did (a little. I didn’t listen to him then), she forced me to listen to the whole thing with her. Later that night, I put it on my Ipod. The significance is obvious. Anyway, I’ve been listening to this ever since August. Me=Owl City fan.
- Anything but Ordinary by Avril Lavigne: The reason I have so many old songs like this is because I did a lot of remembering then. Anyway, I listened to this song when I was worn out by driving myself crazy. I occasionally listen to it now. I’m cool like that.
- Tangled Up in Me by Skye Sweetnam: Another old song. I found this by accident, and I listened to this song during September, too! I listened to this when I kept denying stuff. I wish that habit stayed in that time period. : /
- Things I’ll Never Say by Avril Lavigne: Old song. Not a great song musically, but fantastic lyrics. Guess who I thought of when I listened to it?
- Shout it by Mitchel Musso: Another theme song for the summer in general. I still listen to it sometimes. It practically sounds like summer. I love it for some reason! <33
- Stuck on You by Mitchel Musso: “Shout It“‘s twin song. To me at least. I listened to this when I considered my big crush what it was. Still, I was pretty delusional. Still a fantastic song.
- Caught Up in You by Cassi Thomson: Again, the significance is obvious. I think this is/was a theme song of every Taylor Lautner fan ever. No seriously. I still listen to it sometimes. However, I don’t care about the music video anymore. I just like the song.
- Heaven (remix) by DJ Sammy: This song was the height of my stupidity. I thought that he had saved me. Before I liked him, I had an awful boyfriend, so I figured he saved me. It’s still a really good song though.
- Here We Go Again by Demi Lovato: I listened to this song when I felt myself drawn to him again. Yeah, I really got my panties in a knot about this dude. I was really dumb. I listened to this this morning. I still like it. :)
Well, there you go! My summer songs! Keep in mind when reading these stories that I was delusional, silly, and obsessed. Just sayin’ ;)